Monday, June 2, 2008

Sippy cups and naps


One of Gloria's new things to do is open up her mouth while she's looking at things.


"In case you were wondering, I am a princess!"


Gloria is an expert at Guitar Hero! She jams! Check her out...

"My first guitar!"


"You want to battle me?!"

Last night at dinner, Gloria sat in her bumbo seat on my computer chair pulled up to the table while Rob and I ate.

"I like being able to see what Mommy and Daddy are having for dinner!"

Gloria is getting so big, too fast. We've had to move the exersaucer and the jumperoo to the 2nd height setting because her legs were too bent on the lowest setting. She's really started to arch her back and try to twist herself onto her tummy. She'll be rolling from her back to tummy any day now. I just hope that I'm in the room when she does it for the first time. (As I was typing this, Rob was helping her to keep her one arm up by her head so she can roll over.)

"If I could grow just another inch..."

Today was the first really warm day we've had here in Grand Rapids. Gloria was finally able to wear one of her pretty sundresses. So, we had a photoshoot to commemorate the day :)


"Dresses are fun!"


"My shorts match!"


Gloria is also taking naps in her crib. I had heard about a book that talks about the 90 minute alertness cycle of babies and how they will be tired after being awake for 90 minutes (or multiple of 90 minutes such as three hours.) We bought the book this weekend and I decided that today was going to be the day to start trying to get her on a good nap schedule. I have been noticing for quite awhile that Gloria gets tired 90 minutes after she wakes up for the morning. Normally I just put her in her swing and she will fall asleep. Today, I didn't want her sleeping in her swing. So, 90 minutes after she woke up, I brought her into her room and rocked her back and forth in my arms for about a minute and she fell asleep. I put her in her crib and she slept for 30 minutes! 90 minutes later she was showing signs of getting tired again, so I took her to her room, rocked her in my arms for a few minutes and she fell asleep. I put her in her crib and she slept for 30 minutes again! FIVE times today - all of her naps - she slept in her crib!!! I hope that we can keep this up. It will still be a bit before we have her sleep in her crib at night, but if we can get her used to sleeping in there for naps during the day it will be easier to transition her there for nights.

And just now, Gloria ate 3 1/2 ounces of milk from a sippy cup that she held all by herself! Rob was there to help her when she got the cup turned around, but he didn't hold it for her. What a big girl!

"Sippy cups are for big girls - like me!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly your photography and journalistic comments are superb and very entertaining. We agree Gloria is a princess!!! All our love...............
GGMA & GGPA

Anonymous said...

Aww what a big girl!!