Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Meijer

This afternoon Gloria and I went to Meijer for a shopping adventure. Rob and I have been trying to go for a few days but it never worked out that Gloria was content enough when he was ready to go. So, I decided that in order for us to have dinner tonight Gloria and I would have to make the trek alone.

I put her in the front carrier I have and we were at the store for close to an hour. She happily looked at everyone and everything. I hooked her keys onto some links and connected it to the carrier, but she didn't even want to hold them. I was quite impressed with my ability to shop with her alone. Gloria didn't fuss once while we were there or as I put her back into her carseat in the car. She fell asleep on our way home - I tired her out :)

We've been giving Gloria cereal everyday since Saturday and she still loves it. Tonight while Rob and I ate dinner we were feeding Gloria as well. She kept making noises that sounded like "Mmmm" as she was eating. And it seemed like we couldn't shovel it in her mouth fast enough for her. We've been making about a tablespoon of cereal mixed with an ounce of breastmilk and she finishes it off with no problem. I don't think we have any plans to increase the amount of cereal at least for the rest of the week. We'll probably start giving it to her in the morning and evening next week, if she keeps eating it with such gusto. As for other solid foods, we won't be starting those until she's 6 months old (which is only a few weeks away!).

Now for a "blast from the past!"



No comments: