Gloria slept for 9 - count them NINE - straight hours on Monday night! That's the most she's ever slept straight through. She hasn't done it since then though.
My mom was able to come this week after a two weeks of having to stay at home with a sick kitty. (Butterscotch is feeling much better now!) It was nice having her around during the day to play with Gloria (and me). I was able to do some things that I've been putting off for too long - like put clean sheets on the bed and cut up a melon. We took Gloria with us to the mall one day and had a great time. Gloria was a perfect little angel the entire time. She was awake for part of the trip just looking at her surroundings and then took a nap. I had to feed her twice while we were there but it's not really a big deal anymore, as long as I can find nice dressing rooms with benches. I bought some shirts and Gloria got some more bibs.
We also took Gloria on a trip to Walmart to get more diapers (of course)! She got hungry while we were there, so now she knows what the Walmart dressing rooms look like too.
Gloria learned a new trick from her Grammy this week - how to knock the monkey down from his perch on her play mat!
I had ordered some things from Target and they arrived this week. One thing is a set of chimes for her playmat. She is really good at hitting them to make music - and she likes to hold onto them and move them around.
Today Gloria and I were on our own. Instead of sitting at home all day, we went to two kid sales at local churches. Although there was a ton of stuff at each, we left empty-handed. Not a big deal though. I really just went so we could get out of the house. Gloria did great again, riding in her car seat attached to the stroller. (I'm still trying to get the hang of carrying her around in a wrap or sling.)
When we got home after our adventures today, she ate, played, and then fell asleep for a 3 hour nap. Rob actually got home at a decent time today and was able to enjoy Gloria's company a little more than he usually does before she goes to bed for the night. We gave her a bath in the big bathtub all by herself and she loved it! She is a little fishie :)





No comments:
Post a Comment