Wednesday, February 6, 2008

She's growing!

We just got back from the doctor's office. When Gloria was born, she weighed 8lbs 9oz. She left the hospital weighing 7lbs 14oz. Today, at 24 days old, she weighs 9lbs 15oz! She's a 10lb baby now :) I guess we don't have to worry about her getting enough milk!

She also grew an inch, making her 22" tall and her head circumference also increased by an inch from 14" to 15". The doctor said everything looks great - she's perfect. (But we already knew that!) The next time we go to the doctor, on March 19, Gloria is getting a shot. I know it will hurt me more than it does her.

Now for some fun pictures of her playing on her play mat. The first one is from Monday night and the second one is from last night. She's getting much more active on the mat, swinging her arms and hitting the toys. She also likes to look at the lights that flash while the music is playing.


I can't believe that Gloria is almost four weeks old. It seems like we just went to the hospital knowing that we were going to have a baby in the next 24 hours. I never could have imagined that we would have a daughter as beautiful, calm, and wonderful as Gloria is. Incredible!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, Grampa's girl

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Baby Gloria probably looks at her mommy with similar thoughts of awe and appreciation. She is a very lucky little girl! Vicki