The food was DELICIOUS thanks to Vicki! Yummy chicken salad puffs, cucumber sandwiches, and ham ribbon sandwiches. The cake was really pretty and April made "G" cookies.
We received many great gifts. Gloria now has so many different outfits she probably could wear a different one every day of the year! She is definitely a fashion diva now! How will I ever decide what to put her in?
On Wednesday this week, my mom and I decided that it was time for Gloria to make her first outing in Grand Rapids. We bundled her up and loaded her in the car on the way to Costco and the mall. She fell asleep instantly in the car and stayed sleeping most of the time in Costco. But then she woke up - and she didn't wake up silently. Oh no! She woke up crying loudly. We ended up carrying her until we left. I fed her in the parking lot and then we made our way to the mall. At the mall I used the stroller for the first time, but she didn't want anything to do with it. She knew when she wasn't being held and would start to cry. My mom and I took turns holding her and pushing the stroller. We did manage to do a bit of shopping at JCPenneys (and found her some cute summer outfits), Barnes & Nobel (and bought Rob a "dad" book), and Motherhood Maternity (to buy me some nursing shirts and jammies). I fed her again at the maternity store and she finally let us set her in the car seat in the stroller and she fell asleep. It was a very interesting day out - I definitely don't think I could've done it by myself. That night she slept straight through from 11pm to 5am :)

Yesterday my mom and I took Gloria out again - this time to Meijer and Target. The trip was the complete opposite of the one on Wednesday. I fed her right before we left and she ate very, very good. She fell asleep in the car seat before we even got her in the car and she stayed sleeping the entire time we were gone (about 2 1/2 hours). She had no idea we even left the house. When we got back she was still sleeping, so we let her finish her nap in the car seat. Last night Gloria slept from 10pm to 4am.
Tonight Rob and I took Gloria out to a quick restaurant and then to Babies R Us to buy the final items off of our registry, including a mobile and a mattress for her crib. She fell asleep on the way to the restaurant and slept through almost our entire meal. When she started to cry we were ready to go, so we loaded her up and crossed the street to Babies R Us. I was able to feed her right away since the store has a nice room for moms, complete with a couch. Gloria ate and then we tried to start getting our things but she was crying. Rob held her for awhile and then I did. She finally fell asleep in my arms as we gathered the last things on our list. She woke up as we were getting ready to check out. She hadn't eaten too much when we had gotten there, so I took her back to feed her again as Rob checked out and loaded the car up. We just got home and Rob is holding her. I think she has fallen asleep. She really didn't sleep too much today so hopefully she has another restful night. I would like another 6 hour stretch of sleep tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment