Saturday, August 9, 2008

Swimming lessons

"Hey, I'm going swimming today!"


Gloria has had 2 swimming lessons at the YMCA so far. She loves swimming! There are 4 kids in her class - Gloria, a 9 month old boy, and two boys that are around 2 years old. Not to brag or anything but Gloria is doing the best :) She is so comfortable in the water and loves splashing. This past Tuesday during class she was kicking her legs and I dunked her under the water three times! She didn't make a face or say boo about it. I can definitely see her joining the swim team when she's older. They have a neat part of the pool where it is very shallow called the 'beach.' During part of the class we go to the beach and have the kids lay on their tummies and splash with their hands and then roll over onto their backs and kick with their feet. That's Gloria's favorite time because she can scoot around in the water. We don't have pictures from during the class yet, but Auntie April will be visiting this Tuesday so I'm sure we'll get some then.

"We're gonna have fun!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent intro into the life of being a parent and "for sure" lack of sleep is one of the rewards for being good parents. Your journalistic skills are great and your use of pictures to support your story. You are compling the material to write your first book "Gloria Grace From Day 1".
Love, GPA & GMA