Gloria's been practicing sitting up while leaning against us or a pillow and has gotten pretty good at it. She'll even reach forward to grab toys and play and then sit right back up. However, she can't quite do it on her own for very long before leaning over and falling. We figured since she was doing so well with sitting and the fact that she likes to be right at the table with us, a booster seat was just what we needed. As soon as we got home, Gloria tried out her new seat and loved it!
Since Gloria was a few months old, we've been showing her an Elmo balloon that I had given Rob for his birthday. She likes to play with it and looks for it whenever she goes into Rob's office. I found some hard books at a garage sale with the Sesame Street characters as babies - including Elmo - and those are now books that we read before bed every night. Gloria especially loves the one called "Bubbles, Bubbles." When she sees Elmo, whether it's on the balloon, a book, or somewhere else, she gets a big smile on her face and gets excited. Last week I was at a garage sale and they had a big stuffed Elmo that talks when you press it's tummy. I debated it for a minute but after I held it up so Gloria could see and she smiled her huge smile I knew it was worth the three dollars. It's just about as tall as she is - maybe an inch taller. Rob makes him dance and walk around and makes Gloria laugh.
Gloria has been doing great with her cereal. I've given it to her in the morning a few times and she eats it as well then as she has been doing at night. I don't think I'm going to be giving it to her every morning as her nursing throughout the day has gotten a bit worse. She's been very fussy and nursing for only a few minutes. We don't want Gloria to think that she doesn't need to nurse well and still gets cereal. Her main nutrition is still from the milk. However, Rob and I are starting to think she might be teething. She's been running a slight fever and has just been out of sorts for a few days. Hopefully it doesn't last too long and she's back to her happy-all-the-time self.
it works great, catching all of my cereal drips."
Stay tuned. Still more to come...





No comments:
Post a Comment