Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First time in a hotel

"My first time in a hotel!"

We spent the night at a hotel that had a swimming pool. After the party, we checked in and put our bathing suits on. Gloria was very unsure at first as I carried her down the steps into the water. She fussed, screamed a little, and cried. I think she was cold (the water was not bath water) and confused as to why she couldn't touch anything like she does in the bathtub or her little pool. It was amazing though that as soon as she got in the water she started moving her legs and feet like she was kicking. How did she know to do that? By the time we got out, about 30 minutes later, Gloria was having a blast! She liked sitting in her floatie and jumping up and down in the water.

"This is pretty fun!"

"Me and my daddy"

"Mommy and me"

After we got out of the water, Gloria was able to use something special that we had bought her at Toys R Us. Check her out!

"I love my new Elmo towel!"

"Elmo keeps me snuggly and warm."

That night Gloria slept just as well as she does at home. On the other hand, I slept terrible. Blah. The next morning, Grandma fed Gloria her cereal and we all went to Bob Evans for breakfast before getting back on the road headed for home.

"Grandma kept making me laugh!"


"My cereal was good, but I think I might need some Bob-B-Q."

We stopped in Cadillac to get gas and for Gloria to nurse. While Rob was getting the gas, Gloria and I played under a shade tree. It was her first time sitting on the grass and she kept running her hands over the grass and grabbing it. Unfortunately we still had an hour left to go until we were home. Gloria decided that she didn't want to sit in her seat anymore - she was going to drive us home!

"Where's the exit?"

"Thanks for reading all about my trip!"


2 comments:

Heather said...

How adorable! I love your new updates and especially the picture of Gloria driving!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding pictures and story. This blog provides the most interesting reading material.
Love,
GPA&GMA