Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lots of fun

Sorry for the lack of posts this last week. I had some sort of the flu and spent the second half of the week using what little energy I had to try and be a good mommy. Luckily, Gloria is feeling fine and so is Rob.

Gloria loves playing in her exersaucer. She can spin the musical "tent" and the monkey barrel. (It's a circus themed exersaucer.) She really likes to look at the mirror on it, though she's not tall enough to lean over and see in it.

And, of course, we can't forget her favorite toy - her hand!


"Oooh! Elmo came out to play with me!"
(Usually the Elmo balloon is in Rob's office, since I got it for him for his birthday.)


"I have Elmo!"


Gloria and I have matching jammies thanks to my mom. In fact, we have two sets of matching jammies! My mom bought me some pink and some blue pajamas for my baby shower in November. She also had bought a pink sleep bag and a blue sleep bag for the baby - since we didn't know boy or girl. Gloria loves sleeping in her sleep bags and my jammies are so cozy. Wednesday night we both had on our blue jammies, so Rob snapped some pics. We'll get some pictures in our pink jammies soon. Now we just need matching ones for Rob!

Twins!

On Thursday (May Day!), Auntie April and Great Grandma Hettig came to visit. Unfortunately, that was the day I felt really icky so I didn't visit as much as I would have liked too. But of course they didn't really come to see me. They really wanted to see Gloria! I was very glad to have them here to play with her so I could relax and rest.

I love this picture! It looks like Gloria is telling Grandma a story.


"Entertaining company is exhausting."


"Cheese!"

While April was here, she taught Gloria how to stick her tongue out - even if she doesn't have a toy to lick or a hand to suck on. So now, when we stick our tongues out at Gloria, she usually sticks her tongue out too. And she has a really long tongue! It's actually kind of silly :)

"Look at my tongue! I love to lick things.
If I can get it to my mouth, I'm gonna lick it!"

Finally, on Saturday morning I started to feel a bit more like myself. We went back to look at a house that we had seen during an open house a few weekends ago. The sun was shining this time so we were able to walk around the yard and onto the deck. I liked the house the first time we saw it, and I still really like it after seeing it again. Gloria was awake this time and she liked it too. It's a really nice size, in a neighborhood, at the end of a cul-de-sac, near a park, near a good school, not in the middle of timbukto, and not any farther away from my family. Really, I can't find anything wrong with it. So, we'll see :)

"I really like this house. Can we buy it Daddy?
Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?!"

Today Rob helped Gloria find her toes before he finished snapping up her clothes by propping her butt up on a pillow. She was grabbing them but not too sure what they were. It's probably only a matter of days though. Once it's a bit warmer and she's not wearing footed sleepers all the time, it will be very easy for her to find and play with her toes.

"Toes are cool. But fingers are tastier and more fun!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a little doll! Sure wish I was holding and giving her hugs and kisses - NOW!
Was so nice being with you last Thursday even if you were not feeling so well - glad to hear you are feeling better and so far Rob and Gloria are well.

Lots of love,
G & GG Hettig