Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trying a bottle

Today is the first day that we're going to try to get Gloria to take a bottle. Since she is eating about every 2 hours during the day, it's taking a toll on me. My doctor suggested pumping some milk and seeing if Gloria would take a bottle at those times when I need a break - like when Rob comes home from work, or if I'm at an appointment or the spa. (A massage sounds good right now.) I pumped some milk after she ate an hour ago and put it into a bottle for her to try. She just played with the nipple in her mouth, chomping on it and rolling it around her tongue. I do think she might have gotten in a swallow or two. We're going to keep trying it. And if it's not a success, we might be trying a sippy cup. Some babies bypass the bottle completely and move right to a sippy cup. We'll just have to wait and see what Gloria does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, you really do a great job in posting and pictures. The one of Gloria with a "big smile and so exciting to be 4 months old" and the one of "Elvis left the building", even her mouth has the Elvis look! Auntie April is sure getting a nice tan, has she been down in Florida lately? You and Rob look very happy and I can sure understand why. Give Gloria a big kiss and hug for me.
Love,
G & Great Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

sjsblGood luck with her taking the bottle! Julian never took it very well, though he would drink small bits at a time. I ended up having it mixed into his baby cereal at about Gloria's age, when I was away from him. I found that the Playtex Vent-Aire bottles and nipples worked the best for him because they were the easiet to drink from. Her pictures are gorgeous! I can not wait to see my adorable baby niece next week. Love her sooo much! :)