Sunday, April 5, 2009

Feeding the ducks

On Tuesday, March 17, Gloria, Grammy, and I went to feed the ducks at a local pond and then play on the playground. It was the first time that we fed the ducks this year, and the first time that Gloria was able to help instead of just watch.


"I've got the bread."


"Let's go!"

We spread out a towel and sat right at the edge of the pond. It was pretty windy, so sometimes our bread didn't go quite where we had aimed for. A couple of times Gloria thought she was going to get into the pond, or at least reach for some bread that landed in the mud. Good thing Grammy has quick hands or we might've had a wet little girl!


"I like tearing the bread into little pieces."


"Here ducky, ducky!"


"If the ducks can eat it, why can't I?"


After feeding the ducks a few loaves of bread, we headed to the other side of the pond to play on the younger kid sized toys. I put Gloria into one of the swings that she loved last year, but she wanted nothing to do with them this year. Guess we'll just keep trying.




"Peek-a-boo!"

She did, however, have a blast climbing through the tunnel and going down the slides. She went down some by herself and went down the tall twisty one with me.











Here


I



Go!









Later that night, Gloria had a very fun time in the bathtub. She loves to splash and kick her legs trying to get the person giving her a bath wet, not to mention the entire bathroom!


"Splish-splash I was takin' a bath!"


No comments: