Friday, October 31, 2008

At the Pumpkin Patch (Day 1)

The weekend of October 11 and 12 was so beautiful that Rob, Gloria, and I took advantage of the weather and went to two different apple orchard/pumpkin patches.

On Saturday, October 11, we went to one that had a horse drawn hayride and lots of pumpkins in wooden bins. Gloria found a pumpkin that she wanted, so we told her that if she really wanted it, she had to carry it to the car. After you look at the picture below, you'll understand why we left it there :)

"I want this pumpkin!"

We all had a lot of fun on the hayride. We sat right up front and had an unobstructed view of the horses' rears. Ha. The ride went through the orchard so we saw a lot of apple trees and we saw a groundhog tempting his fate by running across the path right in between the horses' legs.

"Waiting patiently for the ride to start"


"Let's get this thing started!"

After the ride, Gloria got to meet the horses and have her picture taken with them. She even stroked one of their noses!

"Grandpa, maybe I'd like a big horse instead of a pony!"


Before we left, we went into the apple barn so Rob could buy some cider. We found some good-lookin' Cortland apples and took them home. They looked so good, I had to take a picture!


"We took home the pretty pink bag of apples, right in the middle!"


No comments: