Friday, April 11, 2008

Not a fluke...

Gloria can roll from her tummy to her back! She did it once on Monday, but she did it so quickly that both my mom and I missed it even though we were sitting right next to her. Today I put her on her tummy for tummy time and within a matter of seconds she turned herself over. I put her back on her tummy, and again she rolled. Then I grabbed the video camera and she did it again! Since she can now roll over, tummy time doesn't seem too bad to Gloria. She was holding her head and neck up looking in her mirror for quite awhile.




Gloria has really been using her hands to grab things - like toys, burp cloths, my shirt - and loves to bring them to her mouth. I can remember when just a few weeks ago she really struggled to get her hands to her mouth and now she rarely has them out of her mouth!





Today I decided to take Gloria on a little walk up our driveway to get the mail. It was warm and sunny as I got the stroller out of the car. Then I went back inside to change Gloria's diaper and clothes. (She had on a warm sleeper so I put her in something more lightweight.) I got her strapped in the stroller and we began our walk. As we reached the end of our driveway before going up the hill, I felt a few raindrops. They were very sporadic so I decided we would continue our walk. At the top of the hill, it started really raining. Instead of getting the mail, we turned around and went back home. It was a very short-lived rain because right now, as I'm typing, it's sunny and clear again. Maybe we'll try for another walk when Rob gets home from work.

Right now, Gloria is taking a nap in her swing. I guess she was too tired to let go of her toy! (I don't know why she's so tired. It's 3:30 right now and this is her third nap since she woke up for the day at 9!)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that rolling over will exhaust a girl! :) can't wait to see (read) what she'll be doing next.

Grandma said...

Grandma said..

She's growing up so fast. She is the most beautiful baby girl ever. I can't wait to see her this weekend.

Heather said...

Hey Gloria! (and mommy and daddy...congratulations!)
Auntie Karen just showed me your blog- you are beautiful! And I see that you love your "elephantie" & "horsie" from your play chair as much as Ami does!
Heather Bhatti