"Hip hip hurray! It's a Gymboree day!"For the past month, I've been taking Gloria to Gymboree - a fun activity center for children 0-5 years. They have music classes, gym classes, art classes, and school skills. The first month after you sign up you're able to go to unlimited classes. So, on Mondays we've been doing music and then going to gym 15 minutes later. Thursdays is gym class again. The classes we go to are 45 minutes long and Gloria stays happy for the entire time! Our first month is coming to an end, so I have to decide if I want to take Gloria to a music class or to a gym class. Or I could pay a bit extra and go to music class and one gym class.
Gloria has a lot of fun in both the music and gym classes. In the music class we dance, clap, play with drums, maracas, and scarves. We've focused on jazz, the Beatles, and now African music. Up next is disco! In the gym classes, they have had the children do activities that focused on their sense of touch, and now they're doing activities with ramps and climbing. Gloria is actually in the gym class for children 10 to 16 months old, even though she was only 8 1/2 months when we started. Since she was already crawling, pulling up on things, and walking while holding on, it was suggested that she would do best in that class. And she has done great! I think she fits in just perfectly.
Gloria has a lot of fun in both the music and gym classes. In the music class we dance, clap, play with drums, maracas, and scarves. We've focused on jazz, the Beatles, and now African music. Up next is disco! In the gym classes, they have had the children do activities that focused on their sense of touch, and now they're doing activities with ramps and climbing. Gloria is actually in the gym class for children 10 to 16 months old, even though she was only 8 1/2 months when we started. Since she was already crawling, pulling up on things, and walking while holding on, it was suggested that she would do best in that class. And she has done great! I think she fits in just perfectly.






1 comment:
Such a little explorer!
Post a Comment