Friday, November 7, 2008

Apple Pickin'

On Wednesday, Rob, Gloria, and I went apple picking in the orchard behind our house. We took two bushel baskets and drove the Gator back into the orchard.


"Apple picking? What's that?"

Gloria really enjoyed herself. It was a comfortable temperature with a slight breeze in the air. Since it gets dark earlier now, Gloria could see the half-moon looking at her and she kept peeking back at it.

"I have my very own apple!"


"And, boy oh boy, is it yummy!"

We picked two baskets full of yellow delicious apples. That's the kind that we enjoy the most when we make applesauce. This weekend we'll be slaving away over the stove to make a new batch of sauce.

Gloria wanted to pick some apples, but being only 30 inches tall, she needed some help.

"A little higher Daddy..."


"I've almost got it..."


"Phew, that was hard work. Thanks Daddy!"


"It's getting dark now.
Hop in Mommy so I can drive us back and we can have dinner."


No comments: