Monday, November 24, 2008

A much needed update


Well, it's been awhile since I've updated the blog, so I'll just jump right into the good stuff!



Gloria knows how to clap her hands - palms together. (Nov. 1)

Her top two front teeth have emerged! (Nov. 3)


Gloria raises her arms (or at least one arm) when you ask her how big she is, or say "Gloria is SO BIG!" (Nov. 3)

She can sing "Happy Birthday" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" in Spanish. (Nov. 8)

She can stand up all by herself, from sitting or laying on the floor, without having anything to hold onto. (Nov. 10)

Since she has top and bottom teeth, Gloria has figured out how to take tiny bites from a cracker or a Cheerio that she is holding. (Nov. 11)




She also has learned how to shake her head "no," although she doesn't know what it means. (Nov. 11)

Gloria learned how to parallel park the car. (Nov. 14)

Gloria is getting a tooth on the top to the left of her front teeth. (Nov. 20)

The tooth on the bottom to the right of her front teeth is coming up. (Nov. 23)

Gloria has been standing alone with incredible balance for quite some time now. She has taken a few small steps here and there, but now she has started taking bigger steps with no help. She can walk between Rob and me, though sometimes it's more of a lean and her feet just have to keep up so she doesn't fall on her face. (Nov. 23)

She can ride a unicycle, wearing a blindfold. (Nov. 23)

Today she started pointing at things with her index finger, folding her other fingers into her palm. (Nov. 24)


She also started bending over, with her head on the ground, to look upside down between her legs. (Nov. 24)


Today, I put Gloria down for her morning nap around 10:20. About 10:45 I heard her wake up, but she was content and playing with the toys in her crib. About 11:15, she started getting fussy, so I went in to get her. Here is what I found:

"Hi Mommy! I took all of my toys out of my crib..."


"...and dropped them on the ground!"
No wonder she was getting fussy - she didn't have anything left to play with.


Now for some fun pictures:


"I've got my very own kitchen!"


"What can I get for you?"


"Let's put this in the microwave."


"Need a shoe?"


"Mommy and Daddy finally put away my playmat. Guess that means I'm growing up."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures, Gloria is getting to be a big girl and going to have curly hair like her mommy. Was so nice to see all three of you last Saturday, wish we could see each other more often. Have a happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Love,
G. Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

It's great to have a Gloria Grace update!!! We are two Great Grand Parents that have become addicted to Gloria's pictures and well captioned daily commentary, we need our daily fix, it's amazing how much she has grown and learned in such a short time. We pray that you have a Blessed Thanksgiving.