Friday, September 19, 2008

Labor Day Weekend pt. 3

"Our trip to the lake."

On the Monday of Labor Day weekend, we went to the lake house of some of our friends. We had a cookout and did some wakeboarding/tubing behind their boat. Gloria was able to experience a lake and sand for the first time. She had a blast walking through the sand and the water, and then scooting around on her tummy in the sand.

"What am I walking on?"


"The water feels good."



"I wasn't scared of the sand at all!"


"I'm having a blast at the beach! I'm sandy and wet!"

After we ate lunch and Gloria took a nap and played a bit, we went out on the boat. Gloria looked so cute in her baby life jacket and hat.


"Chillin'"


"I'm going tubing!"

I started out the boat ride on a tube. After a trip around the lake, Rob and I switched spots. As I was climbing back in the boat he told me that Gloria had fallen asleep almost instantly as the boat had started. It must've been the motion combined with the roar of the motor and the waves and the warmth from the sun. He handed her to me and she remained sleeping until the boat was parked and Rob was carrying her down the dock.

"Sleepy baby."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all has a fantastic labor day weekend. Gloria you are just so cute. Grandma and Grandpa Harbin miss you and love you very much.