Thursday, August 27, 2009

Auntie Amy's wedding

"Check out my cool hat! Mommy bought it for me at the grocery store!"
July 24, 2009


"Don't look at me with those longing eyes. You can't have my hat. You'll have to get your own!"


On Friday, July 31, 2009, Auntie Amy got married to Uncle Derrick! Before we had to start getting ready, Gloria helped Poppa "mow" the driveway!


"Just riding around on Poppa's tractor!"


"This is super fun!"


In the afternoon, Amy and her bridesmaids were picked up by a Hummer limo. Gloria took advantage of the situation and climbed right in and sat down. She wasn't sure about walking around, so she just sat and smiled.




"This is the way to ride - a limo!"


Gloria was a perfect wedding guest. She sat quietly through most of the ceremony, and I only had to bring her into the back of the church when Rob went up front to sing. There were a few times when Gloria announced to the church that "Amy" was getting married!


"Where's the bride?"

At the reception, Gloria enjoyed eating the yummy food and listening to some music. She played with Julian, Poppa, and Grandma.

"I'm not so sure about Julian's guy. I think he only has one arm!"


"I'm tired."

As soon as Amy and Derrick's first dance was done, Amy had danced with her dad, and Derrick with his mom, Rob and I took Gloria home to put her to bed. I stayed there while Rob went back to party the night away!


No comments: