On Monday, I took Gloria to the doctor because of a bite on her wrist and a bad diaper rash. The doctor said the bite looked okay but put her on Augmentin to be on the safe side and he also wrote a prescription for "Magic Butt Paste" for the diaper rash. While there, the nurse weighed Gloria (in her diaper, clothes, and shoes) and she was 28 lbs. 11 oz. So, I figure that I can safely say that Gloria weighs 28 pounds or a tad bit over.
When we went in on July 27 for her 18 month appointment, she weighed in at 27 lbs. 5 oz. in just her diaper, was 34 1/2 inches long, and her head circumference was 19 inches. That's the 85th percentile for weight, over the 95th percentile for height (off the chart), and in the 90th percentile for her head. She's right on track to being a gorgeous tall supermodel!
Anyway, when we were checking out on Monday from the doctor they offered Gloria a little toy. She could choose a boat or a necklace. I asked her and she said necklace. It's a blue bead one that you associate with Mardi Gras. She wore her necklace out to lunch after the doctor, and has been wearing it quite a bit since then. Today we were playing different toys and she kept playing with her necklace, taking it off, putting it on her arms, legs, neck, and taking it off again, putting it on the floor, etc. She put it on her neck, walked into the bathroom, came out (with it still around her neck), looked at me and said, "Necklace?" while looking all around. It made me smile because it was still around her neck where it belonged but she couldn't find it. I told her where it was and everything was good again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment