Thursday, March 26, 2009

Holy moly molars! and more

Last week Gloria's two bottom molars finally began to emerge. Nothing like waiting months for them to make their debut. She's been chewing on her fingers quite a bit, but other than that she's been just as perfect as usual. Her top molars don't appear to be close to coming out. There's not even a swollen spot yet.















On Tuesday, Gloria and I were looking at pictures of her and Grandpa at Grandpa's birthday party. I was narrating the pictures for her, telling her what we were seeing when all of a sudden she said "Grandpa." It was pretty close to the actual word too with two syllables...not baby babble. Then, not a minute later, she said it again!



"If you need someone to help you open presents, you can hire me!"


"I love my Grandpa."


Back in January when we started giving Gloria whole milk to drink she was having none of it. She didn't like it, didn't want it, no way, no how! We were able to get her to drink a little bit by mixing some chocolate milk with it and giving it to her out of a big cup.

"Milk from Daddy's cup. (This was before I really liked it.)"


Fast forward to now. Gloria drinks at least 8 ounces of milk a day with her meals, and usually more. She doesn't need any chocolate mixed in and she drinks it from a sippy cup (without a stopper) and doesn't spill. We are in no way worried about her dairy consumption because she loves cheese and yogurt too.

"You've all seen milk mustaches, but I'm the first one with a milk beard!"


"Cheese!"


I'm almost done with nursing Gloria. We are down to just one nursing session a day, right before she goes to bed at night. I will miss the closeness, but it is definitely time. April 16 is the last time I will nurse her. (Yes, I have a scheduled date. I have a bachelorette party on the 18th and then April and I are going to a Britney Spears concert on the 28th in Chicago.) It's going to be hard because she's known this since the day she was born. I've nursed her before bed every day of her life. Thus I am going to enjoy and savor each night from now until then. My sweet baby girl is growing up.


"I love playing farm!"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria, you are such a little cutie, love the picture of you with the milk on your chin and "oh yes, say cheese" what a smile! Pictures of you and Grandpa are special of you both.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
ggh