Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vocab

Just a quick post before bed...

Gloria's vocabulary and word usage is sky-rocketing! She is speaking in complete sentences more often now, including:

"Daddy, no take Baby's napkin please." (She didn't want Rob to take her napkin from the table. He was clearing his place.)

"Mommy, help take off coat please."

"Grammy, hold Baby please."

On Monday when I went in to get Gloria out of bed she told me that her tummy was talking. I asked her what it was saying and she told me that it was saying, "I want food." On Tuesday her tummy told me the same thing. Then, after all of her oatmeal and yogurt was gone, she said her tummy was talking again. This time it said, "I want more food!"

Her pronunciation of some words is still off. Here are a few I can think of now:

banana is "bana"
Zoe (from Sesame Street) is "Oh-zee"
library is "li-berry"

She has a hard time pronouncing the "s" sound at the beginning of words, but when we ask her to say "sss" like a snake and then the ending part of the word, she does great. Like "spin" - she says "pin." Ask her to say "sss" and then "pin" and she can do it.

Just a few days ago we heard a new word - "None-ee" I'm not sure what we asked her, maybe what she was going to wear in the bathtub for her bath, and she said "none-ee" meaning nothing. She has said it a few times since, but has also used "nothing."

Tonight as I was rocking her before bed, I told her what we were going to do tomorrow. Grammy will be coming over to play and eat lunch. Gloria told me that she wanted Grammy to cook lunch so I said that Grammy could probably heat up our leftover spaghetti in the microwave. Gloria proceeded to tell me a few times that Grammy was going to "cook sketi ghetti" for lunch.

Before meal times, Gloria is great about reminding us to pray. She will (usually) fold her hands and listen. Sometimes, especially recently, she will repeat some of the words Rob says - mainly the last words in his sentences. If Rob says, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for our food", Gloria will say, "Dear Jesus, food." And today, at lunch, Gloria prayed all by herself!


(And yes, I know I still need to update from Christmas and her second party for her birthday. I will. Promise!)



No comments: