Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Claus

We were eating lunch at the mall in Grand Rapids (one last hurrah before moving), not planning on seeing Santa, when out he came from wherever they let him get dressed. She saw him and immediately started talking about seeing him. "Santa lap, sit. Hug, kiss. Sit lap. Santa." So I figured I would run with this opportunity, though she wasn't in her Christmas dress and Rob wasn't with us. After she finished eating we went over to see Santa. Since it was like 2pm, no one was in line. We went right up and Gloria wouldn't let go of my hand. So, first she sat on my lap on Santa's lap. He was holding her hand and talking to her. Then he asked her if she would like to sit on his other leg. I asked if she would sit on his lap so I could take a picture. No problem. I scooted off and took two pictures. (They let you take 2-3 of your own or buy them.) By this time another family had approached the line so Santa gave Gloria a hat and a coloring book. We walked to the other side and she kept saying, "Hug, kiss. Santa hug, kiss." I told her we would have to wait for the other kids to be done and then we could sneak back up to him. Well as soon as those kids were done, Gloria busted a move up to Santa. I followed her to make sure Santa knew what the purpose of this 2nd visit was. She gave him the biggest hug and a sweet kiss on the cheek and waved bye.


We will probably go see Santa again this weekend with Gloria in her Christmas dress so Rob can come along too.


No comments: