Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Girl Gloria

I bought a potty seat for Gloria on Saturday at a mom's sale in Grand Rapids. It's one that you set on the big toilet to make the hole smaller. We had put her on the toilet before, always holding on to her so she didn't slip inside. She wanted to sit on her new seat before her bath that night but was a little scared. We held on to her and then let go and she was sitting there all by herself!

"I'm not so sure about this."

Yesterday she was acting like she was about to go to the bathroom and I asked her if she needed to go potty. She pointed to her diaper and ran into the bathroom. Rob put the seat on, took off her clothes and diaper, and set her on the toilet. A few seconds later...Gloria went pee-pee!!! I ran in the bathroom and we clapped for her and told her she did such a good job. She helped to close the toilet and flush. It might have been a fluke, but it was a good fluke. She was very happy afterward, dancing and bouncing around the bathroom!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great start - a fluke, maybe, but encouraging.

Heather said...

go Gloria!!